We know. It's cold.
Here's how we survive trudging the snow covered road to happy destiny...
Check the local weather channel. Often.
Don't like the weather in Edmonton? Wait 5 minutes. Our weather changes its mind faster than a newcomer fresh out of treatment (though maybe a little less often in the winter months).
If you're planning on venturing outside or want to be prepared for when you land in our snow-covered town, consider checking the local weather network HERE.
Need to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit? Click HERE.
Dress for the weather.
Layers aren't just for cakes, onions and self-discovery, they're also essential for YEG winter survival. Seriously.
- Wool socks or tube socks (A few extra pairs, if you can. Few things suck more than cold, wet feet).
- Long Underwear (If you live in Edmonton and don't own a pair, you're probably a masochist)
- Cotton long sleeve shirts for layering under clothes.
- Toques, scarves, and mittens.
- At least one hoodie.
- A warm, insulated jacket.
Looking for just the basics? Check out our Winter Survival Packages on our WACYPAA21 Merch Page!
YEG City Fun Fact: 2014 marked Edmonton's 1st Annual City-Wide Snow Ball Fight.
Yup. You read that right. A City-Wide Snow Ball Fight. With over 2000 of us taking place in the dumb thing every year, you can easily see how we Edmontonians are the champs at making the best of a cold situation.
That's not all we have going on. See what cool (and warm) mischief you can get up to while you're in our fine city by clicking HERE.